Friday 21 December 2012

Snowflakes

 L-R; Models Own - Feeling Blue, Models Own - Dream Stream, Barry M - Navy, Cosmetic Sponge & Whitre Nail art Pen.
1. Apply Your Chosen Base Colour, Leave to dry.
2. Using your cosmetic sponge stipple on a gradient effect in your other chosen colours.
3. Using your white nail art pen, Carefully apply your snowflakes, Leave to dry then top coat with a clear or glitter nail polish.
This is another one of those nail art designs that is super easy when you know how, but looks super cool. I think the gradient ombre background adds something a bit more special to these nails. For the snowflakes I like to alternate crosses with dots in the spaces, and then large snowflakes. Yes they can be a bit tricky but dont rush and youll get the hang of it. Also I think they look a bit nicer if some of the snowflakes are coming off the nails, instead of just having them plonked uniformly on the nail. I just used the Models Own 3-in-1 topcoat on these, but I did debate using a thin glitter to add to them! Which is definitely something you could do!! Let me know how you get on with these, I'd love to see :) 4 days Til' Christmas people!!!!!!!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeek! 
Bambi xx

41 comments:

  1. These are lovely! Since you are the queen of nails.. what nail glue to you use for acrylic nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really wear falsies but I think its called hollywood? It has a red lid but ill ffind out for you :) xx

      Delete
  2. They're so pretty! I really need to get myself a nail art pen
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG these are amazing! I'm going to rush out now to buy polish and a nail art pen hehe :)
    Bemsy x
    http://redheadtalkin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Bambi, here's my attempt:
      http://redheadtalkin.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/let-it-snow.html

      Hope you don't mind that I've linked my readers to this post :)

      Bemsy x
      http://redheadtalkin.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
    2. Thank YOU for inspiring me to do my first every nail art! I always thought it was waaaay too difficult, but you made it sound perfectly manageable :)

      Merry Christmas lovebug!

      Bemsy x

      Delete
    3. You're so welcome lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  4. AWESOME!!!
    i am def going to try it out :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are SO good at that - very jealous xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful

    Have a great Christmas! Tia xx

    www.bellezzababe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely and great idea:) NIKA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blog is awsome! woudl you like to follow each other? xx

    http://kimsophi.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is ADORABLE! <3 I wish I could do my nails as well as you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WISH I could do this to my nails, I'm rubbish with a nail pen :( They're so Christmassy!

    Tara
    The Style Rawr!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're so nice, you're so talented. xx

    Julie
    sweetsaremyweakness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so excited for Christmas!! Your nails are absolutely amazing, I'd love to try something like this

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Models own and Barry M are the godfathers of all nail varnish! I am so crap at nail art it is unreal, your nails are lovelyyy

    Gemma x

    http://gemmasatire.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're like the Uk version of *nailsbyregina* dont know I you know her! She does amazing designs too on instagram xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey hunny, just to let you know ive tagged you in a post xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty snowflakes, dear!

    I really like your blog, how about following each other via GFC / Bloglovin' / Facebook?

    I would love to ♥
    
Follow me and let me know so that I could immediately follow you back, be sure!

    My blog is here: 4-trendy.com
♥

    ReplyDelete